aDORKable Poses MainStore
It’s been a long time coming… it’s time to close Adorkable Poses. I have had an amazing four years of making poses and getting to know some wonderful people. My real life has just gotten so busy that I am not able to keep up with my store as I would like. Thank you all for your love, support and friendship. I never dreamt that what started out as a fun little hobby for a stay at home Mom could turn into something that actually helped my family financially. I couldn't have done it without my amazing customers and I appreciate it so much. Thank you to the bloggers that have also been so kind to blog my poses. You all are such an asset to store owners and I know I wouldn't have made it this far without you. A special thank you to my friend and biggest supporter, Sasy Scarborough. Without you, I would never have even had a store to begin with. I will forever treasure our friendship and every bit of business and personal advice that you ever gave me.
Everything in my mainstore is 50% or more off, now through June 9th. I will do my best to get everything up on Marketplace. If you have any unused store credit, now is the time to use it as it will be gone after June 9th. You can check your rewards balance at the front of the store. Single poses are on the first floor and couples and props are on the second floor.
I do hope that I can periodically create something for fun or for an event here and there but I guess we’ll see what the future holds. I still have commitments to a few more events that I will be keeping. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for everything! I’m off to have a good cry as I feel like I’m losing a limb or something!!
♥ Adorkable Peapod
Art Garden Gallery
On June 3rd The Art Garden Gallery will host a month long exhibition/competition entitled...
" Dreams of Summer"
We are inviting artists from across Second Life to submit works that evoke "Summer".
The competition will be judge by a diverse group assembled from across SL.
The prizes are as follows:
- 10,000 Linden Gold Medal (First Place)
- 5,000 Linden Silver Medal (Second Place)
- 2,500 Linden Bronze Medal (Third Place)
Following the Competition the Gold and Silver medal winners (First and Second Place) will be offered a Featured Exhibition in our special Exhibit Areas "A" and "B" where they may hang their best works. (Exhibition Runs till Sept. 1st)
Additionally, the winners and any "Honorable mention" candidates will be featured in our online Gallery @ Artgardengallery.org. and on our facebook page:
Although we do not allow sales directly from the Gallery we will heavily promote your work and make sure patrons can find your gallery space where they can view and purchase your art.
The Art Garden Gallery is featured in the Second Life Destination Guide. Additionally, during the term of the competition we will also be advertising the gallery including daily invites to as many as 7 art groups in SL.
You are encouraged (But not required) to promote your work here as well.
We will have a Gala on June 26th to announce (and celebrate) the winner of the exhibition.
Competition runs June 3rd-July 3rd.
Winner Announced June 26th.
Prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries.
Entries are limited to the first 20 artists.
Each artist can submit up to 2 pieces.
Pieces must be original art either hand or computer generated.
Piece submitted may be in circulation already.
Art should evoke a feeling or emotion consistent with the theme "Dreams of Summer"
Art with Adult themes and or Erotica will not be accepted.
- No pure photography either RL or SL will be accepted.
Any "Mixed Media" submissions subject to rejection based on photographic content. (Art garden Gallery reserves the right to refuse any piece if we deem it primarily photography.)
While there is no fee to enter, Artist agrees to the following:
1. Artists will be invited and must join the Land Group temporarily during the term of the exhibition.
2. Submissions must be deeded to the land group and "Next Owner" permissions set Mod Only. Once we receive and accept your entry form we'll send you a notecard with LM and full instructions.
3. Submissions should be no greater than 5 x 5 meters. Because we are asking for mod permission unless you tell us the dimensions are critical we may change the piece slightly to fit the area it is displayed in. (We will do everything to maintain the integrity of the piece...we promise)
4. Artists are encouraged to add a Bio about themselves and a LM in their submissions. Bio's and LM's will be added to the piece and a Giver script will offer that information to the visitor if they desire more information.
5. While there is no entry fee for this competition Artists agree to allow the Art Garden Gallery the right to acquire any submissions for a fee of 400 Linden.
(Please understands that our intention is not to acquire art cheaply but moreover this price insures us the ability to acquire more of the pieces submitted. This statement does not suggest your piece will be acquired, only that we'd like to support as many artists as we can if the work will compliment our collection)
6. After the winners are announced, Artists are encouraged to leave their Art in place in the Gallery until the end of the winners show September 1st. This will give us some time to consider which pieces to purchase. Anything not purchased by September first will be returned to the Artists with our thanks.
7. Winners will notified prior to the official announcement but need not be present for the announcement to win.
8. If you have any questions please put them on a notecard and drop it to Maryjane or Thorne Miklos or submit them via email to artgardengallery [ at ] yahoo.com. Please allow a day or two for an answer when submitting via email.
Please fill out the following application and return it to Thorne or Maryjane Miklos by no later than May 28th , 2013 for consideration.
Dreams of Summer
$10,000 Linden - Gold Metal First Prize
Preferred Hours Artists can be reached in SL:
Name of Submission 1:
Size of Submission 1:
Attach Photo of Submission 1 here:
Name of Submission 2:
Size of submission 2:
Attach Photo of Submission 2 here:
Thank you for your interest in submitting your art for our exhibition.
The Art Garden Gallery.
"Explore-Discover-Love Art in Second Life"
Angel Dessous™ - Angel of Angel Dessous™ Contest 2013
- each participant of the Angel Dessous Fashion Photo Contest has to be a member of the Angel Dessous in Second Life inworld group
- to set up your pic you must be a member of the Angel of Angel Dessous Fashion Photo Contest Group at flickr (www.flickr.com/groups/angelofthemonth/ )
- PLEASE WRITE A FLICKR MESSAGE TO Falbala Fairey FOR AN INVITE!!!!!
- the Theme of the Month will be announced in the Flickr Group above ONLY!
- each participant can upload one pic each month
- all contest pics must be uploaded at this flickr group
- the pic must be in 1024 x 1024 or 2048 x 2048
- the pic can be shot by yourself or somebody else, take care that you are the owner of all rights of this pic
- the primarily design you show at the pic has to be a Angel Dessous Design, its allowed to wear fashion and accessoriess of other designers as stylistic elements.
- you give us the right to show, promote or advertise placed pics public at the Angel Dessous Mainstore , Angel Dessous Website (angeldessous.wordpress.com ) and / or SL Magazins
- winners will be chosen by a panel of judges to be announced
- each month we place the 5 best fashion art shots of all submitted shots
- the first placed shot will be shown next month at a prominent double page at BeStyle Magazine
- included with a model resume of the current winner.
- all 5 placed shots will gain a 1000 L$ Angel Dessous Store Card
- the pics will be exhibited at the Angel Dessous Mainstore and diverse SL fashion blogs
- also the winner will be the model at the next advertisement pic of Angel Dessous, excl. shot by one of Seconde Lifes best photographers.
- the * Angel of Angel Dessous 2014 * ( elected in December 2013 ) will be shown at a outstanding 6 double page fashion spread at BeStyle Magazin, shooting of this Photo Story will also be done by one of the best SL Fashion Photographers
- …. and the winner will also be shown at this BeStyle Magazin cover page
- the winner will represent Angel Dessous in 2014 at advertisements, shows and events
- there will be also additional prizes for Winner, 1st and 2nd runner up of the final contest provided by Angel Dessous and friendly sponsors
- the Angel Dessous Fashion Photo Contest 2013 will run from January to November 2013.
- In December 2013 we will elect the Winner of 2013 , the Angel of Angel Dessous 2014, chosen of the 11 monthly winners in 2013
- each monthly contest will start at the 10th and end at the last day of this month
- the monthly placements will be elect at the first days of the following month
If you have any questions concerning our contest
dont hesitate to contact us, we are happy to help you
Falbala Fairey, Chief of AD-Contest
(FlickrMail's or NC's prefered)
YOU STOLE MY OUTFIT! …. but… you posted before I did…. I stole yours?
Hugs Grazia cool pic!
Aw Grazia you bein a bad girl too for this one!
And I missed Cae’s suggestion lol but I did it anyway
aw Grazia, we can always count on beautiful shots from you. Simple and touching.